Central Contra Costa Transit Authority (Commonly known as County Connection) -A joint powers agency of 11 jurisdictions, including: the cities of Clayton, Concord, Lafayette, Martinez, Orinda, Pleasant Hill, San Ramon, Walnut Creek; the towns of Danville and Moraga; and the unincorporated areas of central Contra Costa County. Contra Costa County is one of the nine counties that make up California’s San Francisco Bay Area.
County Connection serves a dynamic and diverse modern suburban area that is geographically spread out. Serving such an area is both challenging and rewarding. County Connection patrons are ethnically and economically diverse, and often transit dependent. Without County Connection services, many central Contra Costa County residents would have no transportation available for work, school, medical appointments or to take advantage of recreational opportunities. For them County Connection is a life sustaining service!
County Connection is overseen by an 11-member Board of Directors, and provides both ﬁxed-route and ADA paratransit services.
COUNTY CONNECTION SERVICE AREA:
- SERVICE AREA: 200 SQUARE MILES
- SERVICE AREA POPULATION: 482,400
- PROPOSED FY2016 OPERATING BUDGET: FIXED ROUTE – $31,045,679, PARATRANSIT – $5,393,197
- ANNUAL RIDERSHIP: 3.5 MILLION (FIXED-ROUTE AND PARATRANSIT)
- FLEET SIZE: 121 FULLY ACCESSIBLE BUSES 63 PASSENGER VANS (PARATRANSIT)
COUNTY CONNECTION PASSENGERS ARE:
- Commuters going to work
- People connecting to regional rail like BART, Capitol Corridor and ACE trains
- Students going to school
- Seniors and persons with disabilities who are dependent on public transit
- Transit dependent people who are productively participating in the community
- Residents who want to connect to their life activities in a manner that reduces their carbon footprint
- Fixed-route: Regular fare $2.00, Express fare $2.25 (Discounted fares available through various pass programs.)
- Paratransit: $4.00 per trip
- Operates 25 weekday routes, 7 Express routes, and 10 weekend routes
- Service frequency on most routes is between 30 and 90 minutes
- County Connection ﬁxed-route service is fully accessible
- January 1990 County Connection assumed responsibility for public paratransit service in central Contra Costa
- Number of registered ADA clients in Central Contra Costa County is 4,545
- Contract service for employees at Bishop Ranch Business Park in San Ramon, Chevron USA, Galaxy Ofﬁce Park, Concord Airport Plaza, St. Mary’s College in Moraga, JFK University in Pleasant Hill, and the ITT Technical Institute in Concord.
- Free Walnut Creek shuttle services connect residents to downtown shopping, medical services with business parks and BART
- Ace Shuttle operates between central county park & ride lots and the Pleasanton ACE train station
County Connection Administrative Offices
2477 Arnold Industrial Way
Concord, CA 94520
925 – 676-1976