Several bus routes in the County Connection system will undergo changes effective Sunday, August 21, 2012. The schedule changes are made to accommodate passenger requests, changing school bell times, as well as changing traffic conditions. The new schedules are available now by contacting Customer Service at 925-676-7500, and will be distributed to BART stations, City Offices, libraries, and hospitals beginning August 16th. Changes will be posted on the agency website, www.cccta.org August 20th. For immediate schedule information, please call Customer Service at 676-7600.
Changes To Weekday Schedules
- Routes 2 and 5
- The schedules will be rewritten affecting all trips.
- Route 4
- The weekday schedule will be rewritten. Service is less frequent in the early morning before downtown businesses open, to allow for later evening service. The last bus leaving Walnut Creek BART is at 9:15 PM, and the last bus leaving the fountain at the Broadway Plaza is at 9:30 PM.
- Route 6L
- The three trips provided on the 6L will be incorporated into the Route 6 timetable. The times will not change… just how they appear in the schedule.
- Route 17
- The trip leaving North Concord BART at 6:45 AM will leave at 6:47 AM.
- With the closing of Glenbrook, the two school day only trips leaving North Concord BART at 1:27 PM and 2:40 PM will be removed.
- Running times on the trip leaving North Concord BART at 2:45 will be adjusted.
- Route 21
- A trip will be added leaving Walnut Creek BART at 4:00 PM, and the San Ramon Transit Center at 5:00 PM.
- Route 250
- Thursday through Sunday evening service will resume on Thursday, August 25th, operating between Lafayette BART and Saint Mary’s College via Moraga Rd. This service is provided with a LINK paratransit van and is open to the public
Changes to 600 Series Routes
- Route 607
- All trips are removed
- Route 609
- The trip leaving Walnut Creek BART at 7:20 AM will be removed.
- The trip leaving Oak Grove/Cedro at 2:45 PM will be removed.
- Route 611, 613, 616, 619 and 623
- The trip leaving Minert/Weaver at 2:50 PM will leave at 2:20 PM.
- Route 623
- Extended route to Camino Tassajara and Lusitano, adding a new time point and adjusted times.
Changes to Weekend Routes
- Route 314
- To ease directional confusion at the Concord BART station, the service will be split much like the current service on Rts. 10 and 20. The portion between Concord BART and Clayton Rd/Kirker Pass will be designated as Rt. 310, and the portion between Concord BART and DVC will remain as the Rt. 314. However, no time changes will take place, and passengers traveling through the Concord BART station will not have to change buses.
- Route 321
- All Saturday and Sunday running times will be adjusted.
County Connection operates a fleet of 29 ft., 35 ft., and 40 ft. fully accessible fixed-route buses, and a fleet of 63 paratransit vehicles. For specific schedule information, please call Customer Service 676-7500 or visit www.cccta.org for more information.