Several County Connection bus stops served by Route 311 will be temporarily closed on Saturday, December as the City of Walnut Creek hosts the Walnut Creek Half Marathon. The temporary closure will only affect trips traveling from Walnut Creek BART to Concord BART, and are expected to re-open by 10:00 AM. The affected stops are:
Northbound N CIVIC DR & YGNACIO VALLEY RD
- Northbound N CIVIC DR & YGNACIO VALLEY
- Northbound N CIVIC DR & PINE ST
- Northbound N CIVIC DR & PARKSIDE DR
- Northbound N CIVIC DR & DEODORA WAY
- Northbound N CIVIC DR & WALDEN RD
- Northbound OAK RD & WALDEN PARK
- Eastbound TREAT BLVD between JONES ST & CHERRY LN
- Eastbound TREAT BLVD & CANDELERO DR
- Eastbound TREAT BLVD & CARRIAGE DR
- Eastbound TREAT BLVD & ARKELL RD
- Eastbound TREAT BLVD & WINTON DR
Additionally, early service on the Route 4 Free Ride Trolley will be added between 5:00 and 6:30 AM to help transport runners and spectators. The early service will be extended to serve the Marriott Hotel on Parkside Dr. The last supplemental bus will leave Parkside at 6:30 AM and regular weekend service on Route 4 will resume at 9:20 AM from Walnut Creek BART.
County Connection operates a fleet of 112 clean diesel and 9 hybrid diesel buses in fixed route service and 63 gas powered vans in door-to-door service.