UPDATE ON PUBLIC HEARINGS
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the proposed service changes for Route 27 and 99X during today’s public hearing. We heard a lot of great comments and our Board approved the proposal to consolidate the two routes into a single free route, connecting Martinez Amtrak to North Concord BART. Changes will take effect August 6, 2023. Look for additional notifications posted on buses and our website.
Notice of Public Hearing – Thursday, May 18, 2023, 9:00 am
The Central Contra Costa Transit Authority (County Connection) will hold a public hearing to gather comment on proposed changes to Route 99X and elimination of Route 27, which would be replaced by select trips on Route 99X. The proposal also includes offering free rides on Route 99X. Further information on the proposed changes is provided below.
Service & Fare Change Proposal
Route 99X began operating in August 2018 and is funded by the Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP) cap and trade grant program. Since its launch, the route has not attracted much ridership and continues to underperform compared to other express routes. Given its low performance, changes are being proposed to increase efficiency and productivity. The proposal also includes consolidation of Route 27, which currently provides limited trips within North Concord. The proposed new alignment and schedule would:
- Provide a faster and more direct connection between North Concord BART and Martinez Amtrak;
- Continue serving high usage stops like North Concord BART, Concord Adult Homeless Shelter, Morello/Arnold, Martinez Amtrak, and Mason Circle;
- Eliminate route segments with little to no ridership on both Routes 27 and 99X, including Pike Ln, the Pacheco Transit Center, Muir Rd, and Arnold Dr;
- Improve transfer connections with Amtrak; and
- Preserve existing service levels overall, including hours and frequency
Since the consolidation of Route 27 into Route 99X would result in current riders on Route 27 paying the higher Express route fare when using Clipper, the proposal also includes making Route 99X fare-free.
How to Comment
Comments can be submitted in writing via mail, email, or online, or at the scheduled public hearing. Written comments must be received by May 10, 2023.
- Add a comment on this post (bottom of page)
- Mail your comment in writing to:
Director of Planning & Marketing
2477 Arnold Industrial Way
Concord, CA 94520
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speak at the public hearing on Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 9:00 am (in person or via teleconference):
It is anticipated that the Board of Directors will take action on the proposed program at their regular meeting scheduled for May 18, 2023, following the public hearing.