Attention riders: The ongoing fires in Contra Costa County have caused very poor air quality conditions. This may cause additional issues for those with respiratory conditions.
We encourage you to only travel if necessary. We also encourage you to carry all necessary medications and water with you that you may need. If you need to cancel any previously booked ride, please call 925-925-943-1829. Stay Safe
LINK Paratransit Update
During the COVID-19 shelter-in-place order, County Connection is providing essential ride and delivery services to the community.
- Shuttle transportation for “essential employees” who need transportation to their workplace (i.e. hospitals, doctor’s offices, medical centers, etc.)
- Rides for essential services as approved by CCCTA staff (grocery store, pharmacy and medical appointments)
- Delivery of food in partnership with the Meals on Wheels organization
- Delivery of essential supplies to any location in Contra Costa County and to approved destinations in adjacent counties as needed.
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
Call one day in advance to schedule a ride or delivery.
Phone: (925) 938-7433
Monday – Friday, 4 am – 10 pm
Saturdays – Sundays, 6 am – 6 pm
Due to nationwide precautions that are being taken due to the COVID-19 virus, the County Connection LINK Paratransit office will be closed to the public starting Wednesday, March 18, 2020 until further notice. Click here for more information.
ATTENTION LINK RIDERS:
In response to the COVID 19 Virus otherwise known as Corona Virus, County Connection is taking extra precautions and encourage you to do the same:
Drivers have been educated on additional hygiene precautions which include washing hands frequently, avoiding touching their face, using alcohol based sanitizer, and staying home when sick.
Both Fixed route buses and Paratransit buses are being fogged or sprayed every night with disinfectant to disinfect frequently touched spaces.
Riders are encouraged to stay home if sick, wash hands with soap and water frequently, avoid touching their faces, avoid non-essential trips to minimize risk of exposure.
LINK is a non-emergency transportation service and cannot provide emergency trips to the hospital or medical facility in the event of an emergency. For such trips please call medical personnel, by dialing 911.
Click here for the most up to date information from the CDC.
NEW! – My Transit Manager Smartphone App
My Transit Manager is a new app for your smartphone that provides great new tools for your convenience.
- Monitor trips in real time.
- See where the bus is on a map.
- Rate your ride.
- Receive notifications when the bus is about to arrive or if it’s waiting at your door, on the app or via email, text, or voice.
- My Transit Manager can also be used to inform family members or caretakers of the same trip status and monitor the trip from pickup to destination.
You can download My Transit Manager from the App Store or Google Play Store today!
We’ve developed a user guide to help you set up the My Transit Manager app on your smartphone. Click here for the user guide.
For help with downloading or if you have any questions about the app, please call the LINK reservations line at (925) 938-7433.
2019 Service Enhancements
The County Connection Board of Directors approved exciting changes to improve the experience for our passengers. The implementation of these enhancements started on July 1, 2019.
- A variety of vehicles ranging from wheelchair accessible vans to minivans. All vehicles will be easily identified as County Connection LINK vehicles.
- Drivers and dispatchers will have improved GPS and mapping tools to help provide more reliable service.
- Drivers will receive enhanced customer service training.
- The My Transit Manager smartphone app.
County Connection LINK paratransit service is an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) paratransit service. This special service, called “ADA paratransit service,” operates at similar times and in similar areas as existing non-commute (off-peak), fixed-route transit. These hours may vary, depending upon the particular area. When you call to book your ride, the scheduler can tell you if your ride request falls within the operating hours of the fixed route.
County Connection’s fixed-route services approximate hours of operation:
- Weekdays, 4:30 AM – 11:00 PM
- Weekends, 7:00 AM – 10:30 PM
In addition, County Connection LINK provides ADA service on behalf of BART during the following hours:
- Monday-Friday: 4 – 6 AM, and 10 PM – 12 AM
- Saturday, 6 – 8:30 AM and 7:30 PM – 12 AM
- Sunday, 6:30 AM – 12 AM
Saturday and Sunday service, and weekend service provided on behalf of BART, is provided in very limited areas and in strict compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. This service is provided within 3/4 of a mile of regular bus service or a BART station. Monday-Friday service is provided within one and one-half mile of regular fixed-route bus service.
Important Phone Numbers
- LINK Reservations: 925-938-7433
- LINK Cancellations: 925-943-1829
- LINK (after hours): 925-943-1829
- LINK Applications, Questions, Comments: 925-680-2066 -or- 925-680-2067
- LINK Account Information: 925-938-7433
- LINK Lost and Found: 925-938-7433
- Fixed-Route Bus Service Information: 925-676-7500
To Reserve a Ride
Phone 925-938-RIDE (938-7433) to schedule a LINK trip
You may call up to seven days in advance, but at least one day before your ride is needed, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., seven days a week, and holidays. Your pick up time may be negotiated up to an hour before or after your requested time.
Same day requests will be accepted on a space available basis. Group reservations will be accepted for more than one person traveling to the same destination, such as Nutrition and Adult Day Care programs.
Standing Reservations (Subscription Rides)
Subscription reservations are available on a limited basis for trips that recur at the same time on the same days to and from the same addresses. Typical subscription trips include those for school, jobs, hemodialysis, chemotherapy, and other medical treatments. If space is not available for a subscription trip, you may ask to be placed on a waiting list, which is reviewed regularly. It is important to remember that standing reservations are NOT guaranteed, and may be capped at not more than 50% of all rides in any given time period. If you are unable to secure a standing ride trip, you may still call the day before, or up to two days before, for each individual trip.
On occasion, LINK vehicles will be made available for group trips and special outings during normal operating hours. Please call 925-938-7433 one week in advance. Riders must be ADA eligible.
Before you place your call to County Connection LINK, please be ready to give the scheduler the following information:
- Your name and pick-up address
- The date and time of your appointment
- Your destination address, suite number and phone number
- Your preferred return time and return address
- Whether a personal care attendant or companion will accompany you. If claiming a personal care attendant, your eligibility information must show the need for a attendant.
- Whether you will be using a cane, walker, service animal, wheelchair or scooter
If your trip is to a physician’s office, please let your physician know that you will be using County Connection LINK service and ask how long the visit will take. Please let the scheduler know what time to return for you preferably allowing for extra time.
Riders may schedule trips which take them into the service area of other Bay Area paratransit providers. To assure that we can accommodate the coordination of your transfer trip with another agency, please call 5-7 days in advance of the transfer trip. The scheduler will make the arrangements with the other paratransit provider and confirm your trip one or two days before the scheduled trip.