County Connection LINK paratransit service is an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) paratransit service. This special service, called “ADA paratransit service,” operates at similar times and in similar areas as existing non-commute (off-peak), fixed-route transit. These hours may vary, depending upon the particular area. When you call to book your ride, the scheduler can tell you if your ride request falls within the operating hours of the fixed route.
County Connection’s fixed-route services approximate hours of operation:
- Weekdays, 4:30 AM – 11:00 PM
- Weekends, 7:00 AM – 10:30 PM
In addition, County Connection LINK provides ADA service on behalf of BART during the following hours:
- Monday-Friday: 4 – 6 AM, and 10 PM – 12 AM
- Saturday, 6 – 8:30 AM and 7:30 PM – 12 AM
- Sunday, 6:30 AM – 12 AM
Saturday and Sunday service, and weekend service provided on behalf of BART, is provided in very limited areas and in strict compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. This service is provided within 3/4 of a mile of regular bus service or a BART station. Monday-Friday service is provided within one and one-half mile of regular fixed-route bus service.
Important Phone Numbers
- LINK Reservations: 925-938-7433
- LINK Cancellations: 925-943-1829
- LINK (after hours): 925-943-1829
- LINK Applications, Questions, Comments: 925-680-2066 -or- 925-680-2067
- LINK Account Information: 925-938-7433
- LINK Lost and Found: 925-938-7433
- Fixed-Route Bus Service Information: 925-676-7500
To Reserve a Ride
Phone 925-938-RIDE (938-7433) to schedule a LINK trip
You may call up to two days in advance, but at least one day before your ride is needed, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., seven days a week, and holidays. Your pick up time may be negotiated up to an hour before or after your requested time.
Same day requests will be accepted on a space available basis. Group reservations will be accepted for more than one person traveling to the same destination, such as Nutrition and Adult Day Care programs.
Standing Reservations (Subscription Rides)
Subscription reservations are available on a limited basis for trips that recur at the same time on the same days to and from the same addresses. Typical subscription trips include those for school, jobs, hemodialysis, chemotherapy, and other medical treatments. If space is not available for a subscription trip, you may ask to be placed on a waiting list, which is reviewed regularly. It is important to remember that standing reservations are NOT guaranteed, and may be capped at not more than 50% of all rides in any given time period. If you are unable to secure a standing ride trip, you may still call the day before, or up to two days before, for each individual trip.
On occasion, LINK vehicles will be made available for group trips and special outings during normal operating hours. Please call 925-938-7433 one week in advance. Riders must be ADA eligible.
Before you place your call to County Connection LINK, please be ready to give the scheduler the following information:
- Your name and pick-up address
- The date and time of your appointment
- Your destination address, suite number and phone number
- Your preferred return time and return address
- Whether a personal care attendant or companion will accompany you. If claiming a personal care attendant, your eligibility information must show the need for a attendant.
- Whether you will be using a cane, walker, service animal, wheelchair or scooter
If your trip is to a physician’s office, please let your physician know that you will be using County Connection LINK service and ask how long the visit will take. Please let the scheduler know what time to return for you preferably allowing for extra time.
Riders may schedule trips which take them into the service area of other Bay Area paratransit providers. To assure that we can accommodate the coordination of your transfer trip with another agency, please call 5-7 days in advance of the transfer trip. The scheduler will make the arrangements with the other paratransit provider and confirm your trip one or two days before the scheduled trip.