County Connection service policies are enacted to ensure equitable service delivery to the diverse communities we serve. Any major service or fare change must undergo a service or fare equity analysis that compares impacts borne by low-income and minority populations and the service area population as a whole. The objective of County Connection’s Title VI program is to:
- Ensure that the level and quality of transportation service is provided without regard to race, color, or national origin.
- Identify and address, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health and environmental effects, including social and economic effects of programs and activities on minority populations and low-income populations.
- Promote full and fair participation of all affected populations in transportation decision-making.
- Prevent the denial, reduction, or delay in benefits related to programs and activities that benefit minority populations or low-income populations.
- Ensure meaningful access to programs and activities by persons with limited English proficiency.
Title VI Statement of Policy
The Central Contra Costa Transit Authority (County Connection) grants all citizens equal access to its transportation services in Central Contra Costa. County Connection is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in the conduct of its business, including its responsibilities under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which provides that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under its program of transit services delivery.
A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590
If information is needed in another language, contact 925-676-7500.
El Central Contra Costa Transit Authority (County Connection) concede a todos los ciudadanos igual acceso a sus servicios de transporte en Central Contra Costa. County Connection está comprometido con una política de no discriminación en la conducción de sus negocios, incluyendo sus responsabilidades bajo el Titulo VI de la ley de derechos civiles de 1964 que no establece que ninguna persona, por motivos de raza, color u origen nacional, excluida de la participación en, ser negado los beneficios de o ser objeto de discriminación bajo su programa de prestación de servicios de tránsito.
Un demandante puede presentar una queja directamente con el tránsito Federal Administración por archivar una queja con la oficina de derechos civiles, Atención: Título VI Programa Coordinador, este edificio, 5 º piso-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590
Si necesita información en otro idioma, comuníquese con 925-676-7500.
Title VI Complaint Procedures
If you believe that you have received discriminatory treatment based on race, color or national origin with regard to transit services delivery, you have the right to file a Title VI complaint with the Authority’s Civil Rights Administrator. Federal and State laws require complaints to be filed within one-hundred and eighty (180) calendar days of the last alleged incident. You may download a complaint form below. You may also call customer service and ask for a Title VI complaint form to be mailed to you. You may submit a written statement that contains all the information listed below. Complaints should be mailed or delivered to:
Civil Rights Administrator
2477 Arnold Industrial Way
Concord, CA 94520
All complaints should include the following information:
- Name, address, and telephone number of the complainant.
- The basis of the complaint; (e.g, race, color, or national origin).
- The date(s) on which the alleged discriminatory event occurred.
- The nature of the incident that led the complainant to feel discrimination was a factor.
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of persons who may have knowledge of the event.
- Other agencies or courts where complaint may have been filed and a contact name.
Spanish – Espanol
Russian – русский