PG&E is monitoring a severe wind event this week that could impact nearly 30 counties across Northern and Central California and has issued a fire weather watch for vast portions of Northern California. PG&E has informed various cities in Contra Costa County that the utility may proactively turn off power for safety as part of it’s Public Safety Power Shutoff.
Should this shut off occur, street lights could be affected and cause route delays. County Connection’s services will continue to operate, but could experience delays. Contact customer service at 925-676-7500 for updates.
For Paratransit Trips
If this power outage goes into effect, it may affect your Paratransit trips.
· Please expect longer than usual hold times, drivers may not be able to reach dispatch to make same day changes to your trips.
· There may be significant delays to your trips.
· Passengers are encouraged to postpone non-essential trips for a later date.
· You are encouraged to keep your cell phone fully charged at all times.
· Any medical equipment requiring battery or electricity must be fully charged.
· Drivers will not be able to make detours to your trip as a result of power outages.
· Communicate with your dialysis unit or medical doctor on their current schedule