Core Restructure Concepts
Clayton, Concord, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek
- Streamline Route 19 to use Concord Ave. instead of going to Concord BART via Sun Valley Mall.
- Streamline Route 9 by eliminating routing to JFK, Patterson Blvd., and Oak Park Blvd.
- Realign Route 18 to service Patterson Blvd., and Oak Park Blvd. and adjust trip times to meet school bell times; consider routing along Taylor Blvd. instead of Viking Dr.
- Create a new alignment for Route 10 to turn around at Washington/Michigan instead of the Ayers Rd./Kirker Pass loop. End 50% of peak trips at this loop that currently continues on to Marsh Creek Rd. in Clayton. Only one quarter of the ridership rides past Kirker Pass
- Extend Route 14 to Walnut Creek BART to expand access to jobs from the Monument Corridor. Increase frequencies to every 30 minutes.
- Terminate Route 15 at Pleasant Hill BART (it will no longer service Walnut Creek BART, this will be covered by Route 14
- Eliminate Route 1M and Route 2 due to low ridership and poor efficiency
- Realign Route 95X to exit Hwy. 680 at S. Main St., to provide direct access to Downtown Walnut Creek from the south and avoid congestion
- Eliminate Route 301 to Rossmoor due to low ridership
- Extend 311 to John Muir Hospital to cover the Ygnacio Valley Rd. portion of 301
- Increase frequency on Route 4 from 15 minutes to 12 minutes
- Adjust times, where possible, on local routes to meet school bell times in the Pleasant Hill area
- Eliminate Route 315 due to low ridership