Core Restructure Concepts
Clayton, Concord, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek
Core Service Proposed Map
- Streamline Route 19 to use Concord Ave. instead of going to Concord BART via Sun Valley Mall.
- Streamline Route 9 by eliminating routing to JFK, Patterson Blvd., and Oak Park Blvd.
- Realign Route 18 to service Patterson Blvd., and Oak Park Blvd. and adjust trip times to meet school bell times; consider routing along Taylor Blvd. instead of Viking Dr.
- Create a new alignment for Route 10 to turn around at Washington/Michigan instead of the Ayers Rd./Kirker Pass loop. End 50% of peak trips at this loop that currently continues on to Marsh Creek Rd. in Clayton. Only one quarter of the ridership rides past Kirker Pass
- Extend Route 14 to Walnut Creek BART to expand access to jobs from the Monument Corridor. Increase frequencies to every 30 minutes.
- Terminate Route 15 at Pleasant Hill BART (it will no longer service Walnut Creek BART, this will be covered by Route 14
- Eliminate Route 1M and Route 2 due to low ridership and poor efficiency
- Realign Route 95X to exit Hwy. 680 at S. Main St., to provide direct access to Downtown Walnut Creek from the south and avoid congestion
- Eliminate Route 301 to Rossmoor due to low ridership
- Extend 311 to John Muir Hospital to cover the Ygnacio Valley Rd. portion of 301
- Increase frequency on Route 4 from 15 minutes to 12 minutes
- Adjust times, where possible, on local routes to meet school bell times in the Pleasant Hill area
- Eliminate Route 315 due to low ridership
Scheduled Public Hearings
Subject: Proposed Service Restructure and Fare Modification
All meetings will be held from 4:00p.m. to 6:00p.m. except San Ramon which will be held 4:30p.m. to 6:30p.m.
June 25, 2018 – Martinez: Council Chambers, 525 Henrietta St
June 26, 2018 – Lafayette: Supervisor Andersen’s Office, 3338 Mt. Diablo Blvd
June 27, 2018 – Concord: Council Chambers, 1950 Parkside Dr
July 9, 2018 – Pleasant Hill: Large Community Room, 100 Gregory Ln
July 24, 2018 – Walnut Creek: Council Chambers, 1666 N. Main St
July 25, 2018 – San Ramon: Community Center – Fountain Room, 12501 Alcosta Blvd
The deadline to submit comments is July 31, 2018.
Contact Customer Service:
Proposed Fare Modification
The last time fares were increased was in 2009, nearly ten (10) years ago. The current proposal will increase the one-way cash fare to $2.50 (for local and express routes) and eliminate paper passes. However, a one-way fare on Clipper will remain at $2.00 and passengers will continue to benefit from the $3.75 Day Pass and Monthly Local/Express Passes, all available on Clipper. For complete details of all changes, follow the link below.
County Connection will make minor adjustments to several bus routes effective June 11, 2017 to improve system efficiency.
Routes 9, 18, 20, 316
NO TIME CHANGES, but maps are updated to reflect the long term detour around DVC.
The arrival time at WC BART on the trip leaving Hillcrest at 6:25AM is adjusted to arrive at BART at 7:45 AM.
Revised summer schedule.
All school trips are removed from the summer schedule.
For information on all bus routes and schedules please call 676-7500 or visit www.cccta.wpengine.com.