|321||Revised schedule and routing||New map & schedule|
|335||New weekend route||Learn more|
|250||Revised schedule and dates of service for the 2019/2020 school year||New map & schedule|
|260||Revised schedule and dates of service for the Fall 2019 semester||New map & schedule|
|600 Series||Revised schedules for the 2019/2020 school year||Learn more|
New weekend Route 335 will begin service on Sunday, August 11, 2019. Ride for FREE through the end of September 2019!
This new route will serve the San Ramon Transit Center, Bollinger Canyon Rd, Dougherty Rd, and Dublin/Pleasanton BART on Saturdays and Sundays. The route will operate hourly between 8:00 am and 7:00 pm. Trips will be interlined with Route 321, meaning passengers can stay on the bus to continue on to Danville, Alamo, and Walnut Creek BART.
Try it out for FREE through the end of September 2019! Free rides sponsored by 511 Contra Costa.
Map & Schedule
UPDATE (5/28/2019): Based on the feedback received, County Connection has decided to delay the proposed changes to Routes 95X, 96X, and 97X until winter at the earliest. However, the new Route 335 weekend service from Dublin/Pleasanton BART to San Ramon will be implemented starting this August.
At the February 2019 Board of Directors meeting, staff presented a service restructure proposal for routes serving Bishop Ranch in San Ramon. The Board authorized staff to begin the public hearing process for the proposed changes. Staff will conduct the following two (2) public hearings:
- Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Walnut Creek Council Chambers
1666 N. Main St, Walnut Creek
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
San Ramon Community Center, Fountain Room
12501 Alcosta Blvd, San Ramon
Comments are due by April 26, 2019 and may be submitted in the following ways:
- In writing to:
Director of Planning & Marketing
2477 Arnold Industrial Way
Concord, CA 94520
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling Customer Service at (925) 676-7500 (Mon-Fri, 6:30am-6:30pm)
- At the public hearing in San Ramon or Walnut Creek (see details above)
It is anticipated that the Board of Directors will take action on the proposed service changes at their regular meeting scheduled on May 16, 2019.
- Eliminate Route 95X (see proposed Route 97X changes for alternate service)
- Re-route Route 96X to terminate at the San Ramon Transit Center
- Re-route Route 97X to operate between Walnut Creek BART and the San Ramon Transit Center via I-680 and Crow Canyon Rd. The route will also serve the Danville Park N Ride on peak trips going to/from Walnut Creek BART. The route will no longer serve Dublin/Pleasanton BART
- Implement new weekend Route 335 from San Ramon Transit Center to Dublin/Pleasanton BART
County Connection is planning a major service and fare change for March 10, 2019.
Summary of Route Changes
Summary of Fare Changes
Cash fares will be increased to $2.50 for all routes, and paper passes and transfers will be eliminated. Transfers and monthly passes will only be available on Clipper. Clipper fares will remain the same.
|Fare Type||Current||Mar 10||Additional Details|
|Adult/Youth Local||$2.00||$2.50||$2.00||Cash fare to increase by $0.50 on local routes. Clipper fare will remain at $2.00.|
|Adult/Youth Express||$2.25||$2.50||$2.25||Cash fare to increase by $0.25 on express routes (90 series). Clipper fare will remain at $2.25.|
|Children under 6||Free||Free||When accompanied by an adult|
|Senior/Disabled||$1.00||$1.25||$1.00||Cash fare to increase by $0.25 on all regular and express routes. Clipper fare will remain at $1.00.|
|Senior/Disabled, 10am – 2pm||Free||$1.25||$1.00||Midday free program to be eliminated.|
|Bus-to-Bus transfer||Free||–||Free||Paper transfers to be eliminated. One free two-hour transfer automatically given on Clipper.|
|Adult/Youth BART transfer||$1.00||–||$1.00||Paper BART transfer ticket to be eliminated. Transfer credit automatically given on Clipper.|
|Senior/Disabled BART transfer||$0.50||–||$0.50||Paper BART transfer ticket to be eliminated. Transfer credit automatically given on Clipper.|
|LINK Paratransit||$4.00||$5.00||–||One-way fare for all LINK paratransit trips|
|Adult East Bay Day Pass||$3.75|
|–||$3.75||No change. Daily fares are automatically capped on Clipper. (Click here to learn more)|
|Senior/Disabled East Bay Day Pass||$1.75|
|–||$1.75||No change. Daily fares are automatically capped on Clipper. (Click here to learn more)|
|Regular Monthly East Bay Pass||$60.00||–||$60.00||Paper monthly pass to be eliminated. 31-day pass for local routes will continue to be available on Clipper.|
|Express Monthly East Bay Pass||$70.00||–||$70.00||Paper monthly pass to be eliminated. 31-day pass for express routes will continue to be available on Clipper.|
|Adult/Youth 12-Ride Pass||$20.00||–||–||Pass to be eliminated.|
|Adult/Youth 12-Ride Express Pass||$23.00||–||–||Pass to be eliminated.|
|Senior/Disabled 20-Ride Pass||$15.00||–||–||Pass to be eliminated.|
|Commuter Card||$40.00||–||–||Pass to be eliminated.|
Phase out of paper passes:
- February 2019 will be the last month that paper monthly passes will be available.
- Paper punch passes, including 12-Ride Passes, 20-Ride Passes, and Commuter Cards, will no longer be sold starting March 1, 2019.
- Starting March 1, 2020, paper punch passes will no longer be accepted onboard vehicles.
Staff will be present at various outreach events to provide information on the service changes, help with trip planning, and answer questions.
We’ll also be giving away limited-edition County Connection Clipper Cards at our outreach events, so be sure to get yours before they’re gone!
|Tue, Jan 15, 2019||7:30AM – 9:30AM||Concord BART|
|Thu, Jan 17, 2019||2:00PM – 4:00PM||North Concord BART|
|Tue, Jan 22, 2019||7:30AM – 9:30AM||Pleasant Hill BART|
|Thu, Jan 24, 2019||2:00PM – 4:00PM||Walnut Creek BART|
|Mon, Jan 28, 2019||2:00PM – 4:00PM||Martinez Amtrak|
|Tue, Jan 29, 2019||7:30AM – 9:30AM||Lafayette BART|
|Wed, Jan 30, 2019||10:00AM – 12:00PM||Martinez Amtrak|
|Thu, Jan 31, 2019||2:00PM – 4:00PM||Orinda BART|
|Tue, Feb 5, 2019||7:30AM – 9:30AM||Dublin/Pleasanton BART|
|Thu, Feb 7, 2019||7:00AM – 8:30AM||North Concord BART|
|Fri, Feb 8, 2019||9:00AM – 12:00PM||Martinez Senior Center|
|Tue, Feb 12, 2019||7:30AM – 9:30AM||Concord BART|
|Wed, Feb 13, 2019||10:00AM – 12:00PM||DVC|
|Tue, Feb 19, 2019||7:30AM – 9:30AM||Walnut Creek BART|
|Tue, Feb 19, 2019||1:00PM – 3:30PM||DVC|
|Thu, Feb 21, 2019||12:00PM – 2:00PM||Martinez Amtrak|
|Tue, Feb 26, 2019||7:30AM – 9:30AM||San Ramon Transit Center|
|Wed, Feb 27, 2019||7:30AM – 9:30AM||Pleasant Hill BART|
|Thu, Feb 28, 2019||1:00PM – 3:30PM||DVC|
|Fri, Mar 1, 2019||9:00AM – 1:00PM||Concord Senior Center|
|Thu, Mar 7, 2019||2:00PM – 4:00PM||Concord BART|
Subject to change. Check back for updates as additional events are added.
Can’t make it to an outreach event?
Call or email us for questions and to get more information:
Mon-Fri 6:30AM – 6:30PM
Service Plan & Fare Proposal Development
In summer of 2017, staff started the process to restructure service throughout Central County in an effort to increase productivity and to modernize the agency’s fare structure. The data-driven process started with a Comprehensive Operations Analysis (COA), a passenger survey, and staff’s interactions with passengers on routes with proposed changes.
Staff conducted six public hearings throughout County Connection’s service area in June and July 2018. In response to public comments received, staff adjusted the service proposal in an effort to minimize negative impacts. The final service proposal was approved by the Board in December 2018, and the fare proposal was approved in January 2019.
Effective: August 12, 2018
Route 3 – Eliminated
Route 28 – New Map – serving Wal-Mart along Old Orchard Rd.
Route 99X – New Commuter Route – Amtrak to North Concord/Martinez BART
Route 316 – New trips added
Click here for PDF map: Proposed Service Map
Proposed Service Restructure and Fare Modification Proposal
At the April 2018 Board of Directors meeting staff presented two proposals: a service restructure and a fare modification. The Board authorized County Connection staff to proceed with the public outreach process and report back with a final recommendation. Staff anticipates conducting six (6) public hearing (Scheduled Public Hearings) throughout County Connection’s service area in the next couple of months. Below please find more detailed information about both proposals. The earliest these proposed changes would take place is Spring 2019.
Planning staff has divided the changes into four regions, the Core, North, South, and Lamorinda. No changes are proposed to the supplemental ‘600’ series routes timed to school bell times. Please follow the links bellow for additional information about each region.
The last time fares were increased was in 2009, nearly ten (10) years ago. The current proposal will increase the one-way cash fare to $2.50 (for local and express routes) and eliminate paper passes. However, a one-way fare on Clipper will remain at $2.00 and passengers will continue to benefit from the $3.75 Day Pass and Monthly Local/Express Passes, all available on Clipper. For complete details of all changes, follow the link below.
South Restructure Concepts
Danville, Dublin, San Ramon
- Eliminate Route 36, but retain coverage on its productive northern alignment with an extended Route 35. Review alternate transit options for San Ramon
- Extend Route 35 to Crow Canyon Rd., roughly double frequency of service
- Eliminate Route 97X and increase peak Route 35 frequency. Route 35 has similar travel times to the current Route 97X from East Dublin BART and Bishop Ranch. Route 97X has also has low ridership. This proposal requires additional discussion with Bishop Ranch
- Remove Alcosta Blvd. from Route 92X to speed up run times
North Restructure Concepts
Martinez, North Concord
The main changes to the north service area include:
- Split Route 28 in half and retain its Martinez-DVC segments
- New alignment with 2-way Walmart service
- Eliminate service to Marsh Rd./Arnold Industrial Way
- Add service to the Arnold/Morello high ridership corridor
- Eliminate small, light industrial segment of Howe Rd.
- Create a new Route 27 to serve North Concord
- Create new North Concord BART connections
- Allocate at least two revenue hours of service for loop
- Replace current Route 627, with more frequent service
- Add Route 98X peak trips to connect with Amtrak in Martinez
Lamorinda Restructure Concepts
Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda
- Eliminate Route 25 due to low ridership
- Potentially increase peak service on Route 6