Effective August, 6, 2023, Routes 27 and 99X will be consolidated to form a single, more direct 99X providing express service between Martinez Amtrak and North Concord BART, better serving the surrounding community and those traveling in this area. Additional features of the new alignment and schedule include:
- FARE-FREE RIDES: The new 99X will be fare-free, no payment required for passengers
- SERVICE TO HIGH USAGE STOPS: The new route will continue to serve high usage stops (North Concord BART, Concord Adult Homeless Shelter, Morello/Arnold, Martinez Amtrak, and Mason Circle)
- STREAMLINED SERVICE: We’ve cut segments of Routes 27 and (former) 99X that have little to no ridership. The new Route 99X will not stop at Pike Ln, Pacheco Transit Center, Muir Rd, and Arnold Dr.
- IMPROVED AMTRAK TRANSFERS: We’ve better aligned our run times to line up with the train schedule running out of Martinez Amtrak.
- MAINTAIN SERVICE LEVELS: Though two routes are becoming one (new) route, we’re still preserving existing service levels overall, including hours and frequency
(See map below for updated route as well as eliminated segments)