County Connection is committed to ensuring that it complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), including section 49 CFR Parts 27 and 37. Transportation entities are require to make reasonable modifications/accommodations to policies, practices and procedures to avoid discrimination and ensure that programs are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
Any person who wishes to file a complaint regarding a request for Reasonable Modification or alleging any action by County Connection prohibited by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations, may file a written complaint.
Complaints should be mailed, emailed, or faxed to:
Director of ADA and Specialized Services
2477 Arnold Industrial Way
Concord CA, 94520
Fax: (925) 687-3247
- To file a complaint, the attached complaint form should be completed and submitted.
- All complaints must be submitted in writing. If the complainant is unable to write because of a disability and needs assistance in completing the form, County Connection staff will assist by scribing the complaint by phone. Please call the Director of ADA and Specialized Services at 925-680-2098 or dial 711 for the California Relay Service.
- County Connection will begin an investigation within fifteen (15) working days of receipt of a written complaint.
- County Connection will contact the complainant in writing no later than thirty (30) working days after receipt of complaint for additional information, if needed. If the complainant fails to provide the requested information in a timely basis, County Connection shall administratively close the complaint.
- County Connection will complete the investigation within ninety (90) days of receipt of the complaint. If additional time for investigation is needed, the complainant will be contacted.
- A written response will be prepared by the Director of ADA and Specialized Services which will include a summary of the findings and recommended action. The complainant will have fifteen (15) working days from receipt of the response to appeal. If no appeal is received, the complaint will be closed.
ADA Compliance Complaint Appeals Process
A complainant who is not satisfied with County Connection’s response to a complaint regarding a request for reasonable modification or alleging any action by County Connection that is prohibited by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations has the right to appeal. Information about how to submit an appeal via US mail is included in the response to the complaint.
The Reasonable Modification/Accommodation Appeals Panel consisting of an County Connection Accessible Services Representative, a member of the County Connection Accessibility Advisory Committee and an County Connection Customer Relations Representative will hear the appeal. The appeal date and time will be established based on the availability of the three (3) member panel and within calendar 21 days of the date of the appeals request.
The panel will meet and make a decision based on information from the appellant, ADA regulations and exceptions to the rule spelled out in the regulation. These exceptions are:
- When the modification/accommodation would cause a direct threat to the health or safety of others,
- Would result in a fundamental alteration of the service,
- Would not actually be necessary in order for the individual with a disability to access the entity’s service, or
- Would result in an undue financial and administrative burden (for recipients of Federal financial assistance).
County Connection is committed to providing safe, reliable and accessible transportation services for people in Contra Costa County. To ensure equality and fairness, County Connection is committed to making reasonable modifications to its policies, practices and procedures to avoid discrimination and ensure programs and services are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
Please note, a request for a reasonable modification will not be considered if it would:
- Fundamentally alter County Connection’s services or programs
- Create a direct threat to the health or safety of others
- Not be necessary to use County Connections services
- Cause an undue financial and administrative burden
You may make a request online or via phone, email or mail. Please contact John Sanderson, Director of ADA and Specialized Services at:
2477 Arnold Industrial Drive
Concord CA 94520
Phone: (925) 680-2098